The Nuremberg Institute for Market Decisions (NIM) is a non-profit institute for research on consumer and market decisions. At the interface between science and practice, NIM examines how decisions of consumers and company decision-makers change in the face of new technological and social trends – and what the resulting impacts are. From its research, NIM generates new and relevant insights into how people can make better decisions in markets.
A membership in the NIM stands for active participation in the professional dialogue on the subject of market decisions between science and practice - but also for access to relevant knowledge:
- New studies and research results – months before they're publicly available – are regularly available for our members in the member area.
- They also receive the latest issue of the journal NIM Marketing Intelligence Review, which presents the latest scientific findings in a practice-oriented manner. This provides our members with early and comprehensive information on new topics and changes in the area of consumer and market decisions.
- Membership also includes free participation in the NIM Market Decisions Day, as well as invitations to workshops on relevant topics and research results relating to market decisions.
We see our members as active "contributors and co-researchers" and as a very important source of impetus for the further development of our research topics.
Do you have an economic or scientific interest in investigating and better understanding the topic of market decisions and their changes?
Our membership gives you the opportunity to obtain up-to-date knowledge and to exchange ideas directly with our researchers in workshops and seminars.
It is important for research and transfer that our members have a high level of interest in professional exchange. Ideally, they deal with topics relating to market decisions themselves, whether in practice or in science.
We are therefore pleased to welcome all those as members of the NIM who have a high professional interest in the topic of consumer and market decisions and would like to promote the research of the NIM. In addition, members should have sound scientific or practical experience on these topics. For junior memberships, involvement with the topic during studies, as a beginning professional, or as a start-up founder is a prerequisite.
There are three levels of membership fees:
- For companies and associations, the membership fee is 500 euros per year. The member company or association can nominate experienced experts from the workforce to take advantage of membership. Corporate membership also allows exclusive NIM studies to be used throughout the company. It also allows additional people in the organization to attend exclusive NIM events, such as for NIM Market Decisions Day or to participate in NIM-hosted research seminars or workshops.
- For university lecturers who can become personal members of the NIM as subject experts, the annual contribution is 150 euros per year. This membership is open to university lecturers who teach and research on consumer and market decisions. In exceptional cases, proven experts with many years of practical experience who are not currently working for a a company can also use this membership fee level.
- We charge 50 euro per year for young talents. This junior membership is open to all those who have not yet reached the age of 30. Typically, these are students who are involved with the topic of market decisions as part of their bachelor's, master's or doctoral studies, but also young professionals whose professional activities revolve around consumer and market decisions. This level also includes founders of start-ups whose focus is closely related to consumer and market decisions, and who wish to gain insight into future trends such as the functioning of product selection through apps and voice assistants.
Are you interested in discussing the changes in market decisions of consumers and companies in dialogue with other experts and to better understand them on the basis of the research results, studies, workshops and research seminars of the NIM? And would you like to become a member of the Nuremberg Institute for Market Decisions e.V.? Then please apply for membership. Please explain your main interests in the context of consumer and market decisions and include a short biography (for personal and junior memberships) or brief information about the company.
The Executive Board of the Nürnberg Institute for Market Decisions decides on the application. If no thematic – scientific or practical – reference to the topic of consumer and market decisions is discernible in the application of companies or individuals, you may be asked to submit it later.
Our members are proven experts from science and business on the subject of consumer and market decisions – or as junior members on their way to becoming such experts. In this way, we can promote dialogue and transfer between science and practice and offer professional networking at a high level.
Membership can be terminated by giving three months' notice at the end of each calendar year.
You are not sure whether you can become a member or you have questions about the membership application? Then simply contact us by e-mail email@example.com with your questions. We look forward to clarifying this quickly and easily in dialogue with you.
Irrespective of membership, companies or individuals who are interested in promoting NIM research even more strongly can support our research within the framework of an individual funding contract. If this could be of interest to you, please contact us so that we can clarify your interests and options in an personal discussion.